The goal of Heat Roadmap Europe 4 (HRE4) is to develop low-carbon heating and cooling strategies, called Heat Roadmaps, by quantifying and implementing changes at the national level for 14 EU Member States, which together account for approximately 85-90% of total heating and cooling in Europe. Specifically, the project aims to:
- Build evidence that supports decarbonization of the heating and cooling sector in Europe.
- Redesign the energy sector by combining the knowledge of local waste heat conditions and potential savings with an energy system analysis.
- Promote transparency in energy research by sharing data, results, models and methodologies on open platforms as well as be open for new partnerships.
You can access the project’s homepage here, or view the main results directly from the following links:
- Heat Roadmap Europe: Quantifying the Impact of Low-Carbon Heating and Cooling Roadmaps (Main report – EN)
- Executive summary (EN)
- HRE4 country models (EnergyPLAN 13.3 input files and hourly distributions)