This tutorial outlines how you can simulate various renewable energy integration technologies in the EnergyPLAN tool. In this first exercise, we will create a reference scenario, Energyland, which is used as a starting point for analysing how renewable energy can be integrated into an energy system. Afterwards, this reference scenario will then be changed so it can integrate more intermittent renewable energy.
- Introduction:includes a description and the data that you will need.
- Exercise A: Creating the Reference Scenario (~60 minutes)
- Exercise B: Adding wind power by regulating existing power plants (~30 minutes)
- Exercise C: Adding District Heating (~60 minutes)
- Exercise D: Heat pumps in buildings and district heating (~45 minutes)
- Exercise E: Comparison and Discussion of Results
After you have attempted the exercises, then you can download some of the solutions here: