V2G function in Energy Plan

Introduction Forums EnergyPLAN Updates V2G function in Energy Plan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Calum Mackie
    Participant

Hello there,

I am currently using EP to invesitgate the integration of electric transport system in Orkney, UK. Unfortunately the V2G fucntion for Battery Electric Vehicles does not seem to simulate any discharging (i.e. providing power back to the grid) even after trying multiple diststributions – does anyone have experience with this and can help ?

Kind Thanks ,

Calum

Davide Rovelli
    Participant

Hello,

I am also using EP (version 14.2) to simulate the integration of battery electric vehicles, yet in the italian energy system.

In my case, the software does simulate the discharging of V2G batteries (my advice for you is to check that the Capacity of battery to grid connection is not set to 0, in the Demand/Transport tab).

The point is I’m also experiencing another problem. Concerning grid stabilisation, it a

Davide Rovelli
    Participant

Hi Calum,

I am also using EP (version 14.2) to simulate the integration of battery electric vehicles, yet in the italian energy system.

In my case, the software does simulate the discharging of V2G batteries (my advice for you is to check that the Capacity of battery to grid connection is not set to 0, in the Demand/Transport tab).

The point is I’m also experiencing another problem. Concerning grid stabilisation, it appears that even with Capacity of battery to grid connection=0 (i.e. smart charge BEV without V2G), the electric vehicles are able to stabilize the grid, too. Considering that, analysing the Output results, no discharge to the grid appears to happen in this case, how can this be explained?

Kind regards,
    Davide

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.