Energy Storage unavailability

Introduction Forums Using the EnergyPLAN Tool Energy Storage unavailability

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Schrutir Jain
    Participant

I have been creating a scenario to provide electrical power with RES (Solar/ Wind) along with a PP run on green gas. I employed a Energy storage to cove store excess energy and to be used when energy is imported. However, the tool doesn’t activate the storage and the export and import of energy remain the same.

I have altered the range of the storage unit and simulating this without utilizing stabilization share.

Markus Epping
    Participant

I also am trying to run a similar szenario. I also am not able to get the energy/electricity storage to work.

@Schrutir Jain: were you able to get it to work, if so, what do i need to look for?

Anybody else got an idea what I probably have to do?

Schrutir Jain
    Participant

Hello Marcus,

I was able to resolve the issue through multiple simulations. The key aspect to activate energy storage for me came by nullifying the Transmission Line Capacity in the supply tab of the tool. Apparently, the transmission capacity indicates the amount of electricity to be exported.

Hopefully, it should also resolve the problem for you. If not then I might have to analyse your simulation file to detect the problem.

Regards
    Schrutir Jain

Markus Epping
    Participant

Hello Schrutir,

thank you for your fast reply.
    With your answer I was able to get my simulation running, so thank you very much for saving day an my thesis.

Regards,
    Markus Epping

william clark
    Participant

In order to use solar panels as efficiently as possible, you need to use a solar tracker. It monitors the placement of the solar panel in relation to the sun throughout the day so that the solar panel can accumulate the maximum amount of energy.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by william clark.
    Cermit Fellon
    Participant

It’s actually quite easy to store energy if you buy the necessary good quality devices. In general, I can recommend buying a battery and Inverter chargers from Renogy. I have both which allows me to store energy in the battery and, if necessary, take it with me, say, to nature. Sometimes it helps me a lot when there is a problem with the fact that something is discharged, for example.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.